Eyeshadow lovers everywhere can sympathize with me in the dilemma that I always face whenever I go shopping- wanting it all! The NARS Duo Eyeshadow is one my favs because it solves my problem of not knowing which ONE shadow to pick by giving me TWO. The shadow lives up to the NARS name and glides on smoothly with an almost buttery feel.
The best part is the combinations are endless. There are over 40 different color combos to pick from. Here are some of my favorite ones that go perfectly with my skin color/type:
- Rajasthan: Combo of a smokey black/blue with golden/champaign brown. Being that I am a fan of the smokey, smoldering eye look, this shade is my number one favorite pick. The color combo is GREAT for Fall and has a more matte finish compared to the other shades in the collection. For some reason, the color is no longer sold with the collection at Sephora or Nordstrom anymore, but if you want it, you can order it on online for cheaper than the other shades by clicking here.
- Bellissima: Combo of shimmering beige and grey/brown. When I am looking for an eye shadow that makes me glow but doesn’t stand out too much, I lightly apply this shade. It blends GREAT with my skin tone!
- Violetta: Combo of smokey lavender and soft metallic violet. There are some super fun shades in this collection, but my favorite of the more bold shades was Violetta. It’s not too out there (such as the Rated R shade which is a bright green and cobalt blue combo), but still adds an extra flare to your eyes from your everyday shades without going too crazy. I recommend Violetta for those who are wanting to experiment with new colors but don’t want to be THAT extreme.
Why do I love this shadow so much? A few reasons:
- The dual concept is great and the colors paired together work well blended with one another OR worn separately. In most eye shadows that come in pairs, I’m never really a fan of both shades, but NARS does a great job of combining colors that work! There is is a color out there for everyone varying from bright, vibrant colors to more neutral tones.
- Works GREAT as a powder liner. If you don’t like the liquid liner look or you want to thicken up the appeal to your eyes, the shadow was created to work for that purpose as well.
- For those of you who prefer cream shadows because you have dry skin, the NARS Duo eye shadow comes in a cream form. My favorite cream shadow in the collection is Madagascar.
- It’s not the cheapest shadow out there, but it is a value pack being that it comes in two shades. It’s $33 dollars at Sephora (unless you want the Rajasthan which is on Amazon for $24), great quality, and comes in conveniently thin packaging.
- Most of the shades have a glittery look to them (not usually a fan), but the colors work well with a little shimmer. It will def add a pop to your eyes for a night out on the town!
Are YOU a NARSissist? Have you tried the Duo?