Who says you have to go darker for winter? It's really about going "cooler" - click through to see how I'm breaking hair rules this season (Continue Reading...)
Viewing entries tagged
I am obsessed with having short hair! It's been so fun experimenting with new do's. Click through to see my latest tutorial showing you 3 of my favorite (Continue Reading)
Valentines day is around the corner! I have some product suggestions you’re going to love that are fun, flirty, and fit the spirit of the holiday. For those of you still on the hunt for a crush, you came to the right place. For those of you who already have crushes, what’s a few more? Here are three products to crush on this Valentine’s Day:
FUN: Big Sexy Hair Spray
Valentine’s Day is all about having fun/being confident and so is Big Sexy Hair Spray. It really helps boost your roots to give you lasting volume for a big date or a night out with your girls. Have some fun this Valentine’s Day, and let your hair down (literally and metaphorically speaking) with a product that add just the right pop to your hair!
FLIRTY: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
I may have strained away from Juicy in my closet (RIP Juicy Velour Track suit-we had a good run), but it will always have a place in my bathroom as my go-to fragrance. Juicy Couture’s Viva la Juicy is a year round favorite of mine, BUT specifically for those of you on a man hunt this Valentine’s Day, get this product! There’s something about Viva la Juicy that makes guy’s go crazy. What I really love about the scent is that it’s not TOO strong but potent enough to grab someone’s attention. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself. Next time you’re at Sephora or a department store, spray it on your skin and clothes. You may end up finding your next signature scent!
FIT: Benefit Benetint
There’s no other product more fit for Vday than Benefit’s Benetint. I’ve been a fan of this product for years. Not only can you use it to add a rosy glow to your cheekbones, but it has dual purpose as a lip stain. What’s so great about this? It’s water, and might I add, kiss proof (you’re welcome to all the boys out there)! One tip to note about this product is that being that it is a stain, you need to react to it quickly once applying. Dab it on the desired part of your face and blend. This product is great for those of you who want to add a small tint of color to your face without going overboard!
I hope you crush on these products as much as I do! Happy Valentine’s Day <3
What are YOUR Valentine’s Day plans?
Whether it be highlights, streaks, or unnatural hair period, I’m not really a fan of hair coloring (after painful trial and error throughout my teenage years ofcourse-we all go through a phase of curiosity!). With that said, I do get an itching for a change every once in awhile! Having a solid hair color can get boring. At the same time, I don’t really want to go as drastic as cutting off 10 inches to suffice my craving to try something new. Lucky for me, ombre hair is sweeping Hollywood and gives me just the fix I need. If you think you have no idea what I’m talking about, you’re probably wrong! I’m sure you’ve noticed the look on your favorite celebs but just didn’t know the hair coloring tactic had a name. Here it is:
Ombre hair is basically a dark to light fade of color in your hair starting from your roots. What I love is that this look can either be extremely dramatic or super soft. Depending on your personality and preference, you can go either way. Personally, I’m leaning towards the gradual fading of color, but as you can see from the stars above, it works for everyone!
WARNING: This has to be done by someone who really knows what they are doing. Otherwise, you could take the risk of just looking like you really just need to get your roots done. I’ve been seeing DIY versions of this but nothing impressive. I say stick to a professional!
What do YOU think? Are YOU a fan of ombre hair?
It’s nice to have some fancy shmancy beauty products, but when it comes to certain items that we use day to day, it’s important to find brands that are not only affordable but are trust worthy. Being that it’s the holidays and we all have a million gifts to buy, I figured now would be the best time to share my favorite five beauty products that you can get for under 5 dollars. Here they are:
1. FACIAL SKINCARE: St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub ($3.03): I LOVE the St. Ives apricot scrub. What’s great is that all the different scrubs in the product line have different levels of intensity. For those of you who want to get a gentle day to day cleanse, they have a product for you. For those of you who are looking for more coarse Apricot beads to get a deep down cleanse, they have a product for you as well! My personal favorite for my specific skin type is the Invigorating Apricot Scrub, but you may find that the Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub works best for you (my sister loves this one!). Every beauty magazine raves about this product with good reason. You will definitely get the most bang for your buck with ANY St. Ives Apricot Scrub you pick.
2. HAIRCARE: Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray Gel ($3.19): If you’re not a fan ofhairspray but are looking for a product to reduce frizz and maintain hold, this is the product for you. I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and fell in love. The product feels very light on your head and works perfect for the days that I want to leave my hair naturally wavy. I am able to control my hair’s natural frizz and increase shine with a few sprays of this affordable product.
3. COSMETICS: Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner Soft Black 902 ($4.79): I am always on the hunt for affordable makeup. What I love about this Maybelline eyeliner is that it works great for smokey eyes, believe it or not. The sponge on the other end of the liner allows for blending in the corners of your eye so the liner doesn’t look so harsh. Sometimes I like using a pencil liner because the smudge sponge at the end makes blending really easy. If you’re not a fan of the pencil liners and are looking for an affordable stick liner, I recommend my favorite liner of all time L'Oreal Paris Pencil Perfect Ebony ($8.49). If you’re a loyal Maybelline girl, they have a great stick liner for under 5 bucks as well called Maybelline Define-A-Lash Eyeliner ($4.79).
4. BODY SKINCARE: St. Ives Body Moisturizer ($3.99): I have extremely dry skin, so it is important for me to find a moisturizer than keeps my skin hydrated. What I love about the St.Ives brand is the results it gives for the price you’re paying. This lotion in specific is great because instantly after you put it in your hands, you can feel the moisture. I know that my skin is getting a quality product and a moisturizer that lasts longer than most. If you’re okay spending a little more money, the Aveeno Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion ($8.79) is a favorite of mine as well. The Aveeno brand carries great natural products that don’t feel harsh against skin. I recommend trying both to see which works best for your unique skin type.
5. BODY SKINCARE: Caress Daily Silk Body Wash ($3.59): I have a million different body washes, but to be honest, the scent of the Caress body washes are unbeatable! Every time I’m in a drug store and see Caress line of body washes, I never know which one to pick, but I’ve finally narrowed it down. My two favorites are the Daily Silk and the Tahitian Renewel. The Daily Silk is nice because for someone like me with dry skin, it makes my skin feel rejuvenated. The Tahitian Renewel is great because of the beads in it. Both will make you come out of the shower feeling refreshed and smelling radiant!
To all the drug store product haters, try them before dismissing them. I truly believe that half of the stigma against drug store products are in everyone’s head. We are trained to believe that pretty packaging, higher prices, and fancy department stores carry the best of the best. Don’t get me wrong, I have to have my Sephora fix everyone once in awhile, but we are in a recession people! You can get all the products above and more at your local CVS right now on sale for the prices listed above. Click on the links above to see my top 5 for 5, and look around their website to learn about more great products you can get for under 5 bucks!
What’s YOUR top 5 for 5?