The problem for most ladies is that they have all the right shades that work well with their skin but don’t know how to apply it. Half the key to having perfect coverage are the tools you use. I recommend investing in some quality brushes. If taken care of properly, they can last a LONG time. I noticed a huge difference in the way my powder, bronzer, blush, and eye makeup looked after I bought new brushes. I wanted to share my three MUST-HAVE brushes:
1. For applying powder to overall face: 134 MAC Large Powder Brush
This brush is great, BUT it is expensive. There are a few substitutes for this brush that work well too:
- 150 MAC Large Powder Brush: a smaller version but still large enough to get full coverage
- 129 MAC Powder/Blush Brush: can you used for both powder AND blush (this brush is even cheaper AND has dual purpose)
2. For applying bronzer to cheekbones: BareMinerals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush
The amount of coverage a Kabuki brush gives is unreal. To be honest, I don’t even think you have to buy an expensive one. I lost my BareMinerals Kabuki brush recently and didn’t want to spend an absurd amount of money again and this one works well too:
- Revlon Kabuki Brush: SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper
For more tips on what bronzers work best with a Kabuki brush, check out my post on my favorite bronzers.
3. For blending of eye shadow: 222 MAC Tapered Blending Brush
This is my pick for the number one MUST-HAVE eye makeup brush. For tips on other great eye make up brushes, check out my post on how to get my smoky eye look.
SIDE NOTE: The reason some products are linked to Amazon.com instead of the retail store that carries it is because I want to try and find the best deal possible. If I don’t think the product requires in-store testing, I think it will benefit everyone the most to purchase directly online. If I find that people prefer that I link the products to the retail store, I will be happy to change that. Let me know!
What is YOUR favorite makeup brush?